4 Tablespoons dairy free spread
2 cups Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
3 cups rice flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
2 teaspoons Nutmeg
½ teaspoons Ground Cloves
150g icing sugar
Teaspoon lemon juice/lemon extract
Water to form a thick paste
- Cream together spread and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the passata and baking soda. Once combined, mix into the creamed sugar mixture.
- Add all other cake ingredients in the order listed.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Place on a wire rack to cool
Add the lemon juice to the licing sugar, add water until it forms a thick paste, then drizzle over the cooled cupcakes