Sunday 28 March 2010

Cookie Dough Truffles

I think the picture says it all.

I'm beginning to think my blog ought to have had a less obscure, upmarket title and been a bit more hoenst - chocoholic housewife in training sounds more me! 

I made these last weekend, before starting my new diet (cookies and cupcakes are bad for you, who knew?!) roughly following an American recipe I found online. I can't measure in cups, and I ended up just making it up completely! So the recipe below is adusted from what I made.

Please note the recipe makes around 60 truffles - great for parties or gifts. They also freeze if not coated in the outer chocolate shell, so you could make the full batch and dip into them as required.

I was expecting these to be amazing, but because of my slight knackering of the recipe they were only good. Let me know how you get on with them, any help in refining this recipe is much appreciated.

7/10

Cookie Dough Truffles

150g butter
300g light brown sugar
300g sieved plain flour
1 tin of condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g chocolate chips/milk chocolate chopped up very small!
300g dark chocolate

  • Cover two baking trays with greaseproof paper
  • In a pan beat the sugar and butter over a low heat until smooth and combined. Do not get it hot enough that it bubbles, this should only take a few minutes, the heat just makes the sugar melt a bit into the butter without the butter melting.
  • Add the flour, vanilla and condensed milk. Mix well 
  • Stir in the chocolate chips
  • With your hands shape into small balls (around 1.5cm in diameter) and set on the baking trays. 
  • Freeze for two hours until firm
  • Before removing for the freezer melt the dark chocolate over a bain marie and remove from the heat
  • Remove one tray from the freezer, and coat each truffle in dark chocolate, quickly so the truffles do not start to melt. Repeat with the second tray. If they become hard to handle pop them back in the freezer for 15mins. 
  • Place in the fridge for half an hour to set fully, and enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Nomnomnom!! I think I've put weight on just looking at them. Will have to try this out soon and report back! Hope the new diet is going well xx

    ReplyDelete