These have a very unique, earthy taste. The chocolate brings a much needed sweetness. All I can say is try them, everyone will love them, they're quick to make and a great all round 9/10 from everyone.
Makes 16 cupcakes.
250g unsalted butter
400g caster sugar
1 x 142ml pot sour cream
1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
275g plain flour
2 1/2teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
300g Philadelphia cream cheese
150g icing sugar
125ml double or whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C.
- Pour the Guinness into a large saucepan, add the butter and heat until the butter is melted.
- Whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl beat the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla and then pour into the brown pan mixture.
- Whisk in the flour and bicarb.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, around 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before transfering the cases to the cooling rack.
- To make the icing sive the icing sugar into a bowl with the cream cheese and whisk till smooth and light.
- Add the cream and beat again until it makes a spreadable consistency.