275g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
130g golden caster sugar
50g rice flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
65ml whole milk
140g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
170g icing sugar
290g cream cheese
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
20cm tin, lined with greaseproof.
- Preheat oven to 160C/Gas 3.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir until melted then set aside to cool.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk until they form a thick foam.
- Add the rice flour and baking powder, mix, then stir in the butter and chocolate mixture.
- Finally stir in the milk and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely before turning out of the tin.
- To make the icing put the butter, icing sugar, cream cheese and cocoa powder in a bowl or food processor and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the icing over the cake.